This policy applies to all BelleWave controlled operations globally. This sets our global approach to sustainable purpose and forms the basis of our decisions by focusing on business ethics and compliance, people and culture and community involvement.
Our Purpose and our Mission
This ESG Policy is a statement of BelleWave’s longstanding commitment to exercise responsible business practices in the areas of:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Social Responsibility
- Governance, Ethics & Compliance
It also formalizes our commitment to integrate ESG into our operations and management processes.
Principles and Strategy
BelleWave recognizes that global sustainability challenges, resource scarcity, and human rights, are of critical importance and must be addressed. By instilling ESG into our operations and investment decisions, we create value for our business by driving innovation, enhancing our value proposition, and deepening relationships with our stakeholders.
We at BelleWave have built ESG portfolios on three guiding principles:
We exclude the engagement with any potential partners that are fundamentally misaligned with our sustainability principles – both by governing terms and in practice.
We seek to optimize portfolios to emphasize companies that have their own ESG practices.
We believe that collaborating with those willing to improve the sustainability of their business practices can generate a greater ESG impact than simply excluding businesses with poor ESG metrics and favouring those with strong metrics. We encourage alignment of business activities with the Sustainable Development Goals.
As a responsible corporate entity, we try to contribute towards social and environmental progress on a regular basis. We believe that in order to succeed, an organization must maintain the highest standard of corporate behavior towards its employees, consumers and societies in which it operates.
Whilst striving to constantly innovate new beauty technologies and formulations, we pledge to constantly have these environmental sustainability factors in mind:
- We are promoting initiatives that reduce the environmental impact of our activities, such as reducing our carbon footprint and ensuring the sustainable use of resources. The issue of climate change has become very alarming, and we feel it is of utmost importance for all organizations to take this matter seriously and make strong sustainability commitments and take action toward solving environmental issues. We are attempting to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by studying our manufacturing and supply chain processes, ensuring better efficiencies to minimizes energy usage and producing minimal waste.
- Developing natural, non-toxic products thought vigorous R&D testing and quality control.
- Careful consideration of the environmental impact across the product life cycle, including selection of raw materials. We place the utmost importance on the responsible procurement of raw materials and the reduction and reuse of resources. We view environmental conservation and biodiversity as the key to a more sustainable world. Sustainable and responsible procurement requires close collaboration with all of our partner companies and suppliers.
Social and environmental responsibility has always been at the forefront of BelleWave’s operating philosophy. As a result, the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives imbibe the deep symbolic relationship that it enjoys with the communities it is engaged with.
With this purpose, our CSR underlines the objective of bringing about a difference and adding value in our stakeholders’ live. For us, the community/society at large is not just another stakeholder in the business but is, in fact, the very purpose of our existence.
Furthermore, we engage with our employees to provide a challenging, dynamic, inclusive and diverse work environment that supports their professional development, as well as promoting a good work-life balance that prioritizes their overall health and wellness.
We support initiatives that benefit the environment, human welfare and education. This includes skills trainings that advances the workforce talent pipelines for our customers and economic development in the communities in which we operate.
We engage suppliers, customers and employees around safety, health, and wellness.
We are committed to create and maintain a safe and secure work environment for our employees and ensure every employee is treated with dignity and respect and afforded equitable treatment which is conducive to the professional growth of the employees and encourages equality of opportunity.
The Company has zero tolerance towards any form of sexual harassment and is committed to take all possible and necessary steps to ensure that its employees are not victimized to any form of harassment.
An appropriate complaint mechanism in the form of Internal Complaints Committee has been created in the Company for time-bound handling of the complaint made by the victim. The Company has constituted this committee to specifically address any complaints of sexual harassment.
This Policy reflects BelleWave ‘s commitment to operate in accordance with all applicable national laws and regulations at a minimum and applying more stringent working conditions in circumstances where national standards do not meet our health and safety standards. Our labour standards are aimed at helping BelleWave and our suppliers to consistently improve the level of social compliance and ensure standards appropriate to maintain the health and safety of our people and those working in the supply chain.
Child Labour & Modern Slavery
The Company does not tolerate the use of child labour and prohibits the use of child labour in our operations. Even if local law permits, we will not hire any employee or engage a contingent worker or individual hired through a third-party staffing agency below the age of 18 years or under. If applicable laws impose a higher minimum age requirement than 18 years, we will follow the stricter standard in compliance with the law.
BelleWave is committed to protecting human rights globally and to providing a fair and ethical workplace. We respect the standards embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organization conventions. Specifically, we are strongly opposed to slavery and human trafficking and will not knowingly support or conduct business with any organization involved in such activities.
We uphold and promote the protection of human rights and welfare within our own business activities, as well as those of our supply chain, in accordance with our Human Rights Policy, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Supplier Code of Conduct, and The Prevention of Human Trafficking Act 2014 (Singapore).
Ethics & Governance
BelleWave promotes strong oversight, transparency and risk management at all levels of our organization, ensuring the resilience and long-term preservation of value for our business through these practices:
- Maintain high ethical standards with a strong Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, ethics training, and executive leadership that promotes a culture of integrity.
- Cultivate strong stakeholder relationships through transparency, open communications, and responding to stakeholder input.
- Establish clear and effective governance for ESG, set goals and establish accountability.
- Whistleblowing policy for employees to report any unethical behavior as quickly as possible. Reported information will be carefully investigated with appropriate steps taken to address the issue.
International Manufacturing Standards
To demonstrate our commitment to consistently meet international requirements, especially in the areas of quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement, we have obtained the below international certification:
- cGMP Accredited Facilities
- State-of-the-art production and packaging machines
- Stringent scientific testing processes
- Advanced testing including viscosity, pH, density, backteria count, visual inspection of drum condition
Monitoring and Enforcement
BelleWave seeks to proactively prevent and mitigate instances of non-compliance with this ESG policy by enforcing the steps below:
- If an employee or external party has an ethics-related question or concern, they are encouraged to contact the Ethics Committee. More information can be found in our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- If an employee or external party has a safety-related question or concern, they are encouraged to contact the Safety Committee.